Monday 30 November 2015

November

November isn`t usually my favourite month, but this year it has been brightened up with flowers. Last week I spent a fantastic evening with the wonderful women of the Eccleshall WI. This was my second workshop with them – in the summer we spent an evening making hand-tied posies in jam jars, and this latest workshop was to make arrangements in cups and saucers using chicken wire. The first idea was to make a structured design – something like this.
Then the second idea was to make something less formal in shape. Here I am demonstrating it.
And here is the design. 

All the participants were really good at working with flowers and they were tremendously creative. Here are some of them at work and I am listening and giving a bit of feedback.
What fabulous results. A thoroughly enjoyable evening:
The other thing I did last week was the flowers for Fiona and Jon’s wedding. It was at Halifax Hall in Sheffield and it was the Saturday after we had some snow. The venue was filled with light and it looked magical. I am hoping that I will be able to use some of the official photographs of their wedding and then I will do a whole blog about it. But for now, here is a little taster:
I also made a couple of arrangements in my favourite jugs to brighten up our home:
December will be filled with wreath and table centre workshops. Here are some of the materials that I am building up.
I`m really excited about Christmas this year – we are staying in Sheffield for the whole holiday period and I plan to fill our house with Christmas flowers and festive foliage.

No comments:

Post a Comment